We will go over the best way to take care of your tattoos.
Tattoo aftercare is just as important as getting the a tattoo if not more. If you dont care for your tattoo properly it can fade or even become infected.
1. The first day of the tattoo is pretty easy going. Your tattoo shop in las vegas should have wrapped your tattoo with plastic or similar covering for what can be considered an open wound. And also gone over aftercare instructions with you verbally.
2. Day 2 you will simply wash your tattoo with anti bacterial soap. Anti bacterial soap is pretty inexpensive and can be found at your local pharmacy, like Walgreens or Walmart.
3. You will continue just washing your tattoo and letting it get some air for 1-3 days.
4. Around day 3-4 is when you want to start applying lotion ( Jergens or Vaseline Intensive Care) or A+D ointment to your tattoo. You will notice the tattoo after day 3 starting to harden a little and start to scab. This is when you want to start applying the lotion or ointments.
5. We recommend a little A+D ointment for color tattoos and you can simply use lotion for black and grey tattoos.
6. The scabbing time of your tattoo can be anywhere from a few days to maybe even a week or 2. Its important to just keep washing the tattoo and applying a little ointment or lotion. You don’t have to use a lot of this stuff a thin coat is all you need. Your tattoo needs to still be able to breath.
7. Around 2-3 weeks your tattoo should be mostly healed. You will notice after its fully healed it will look much better than the healing stage. Sometimes a big or elaborate tattoo may need extra work or sessions. So you will be repeating this procedure multiple times. Good luck on your new tattoo!